23 Apr Jackfruit Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Easy Jackfruit pulled pork sandwiches, tastes just like pulled pork, it’s amazing.
Jackfruit Pulled Pork SandwichesCourse: Recipes, Lunch, DinnerCuisine: Vegan
Comfort food that is as delicious as it is healthy!
1 small onion minced
1 carrot shredded
2 cans jackfruit
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tbsp raw sugar
1 tsp liquid smoke
3/4 cup bbq sauce
2 tbsp vegetable broth
- Drain and rinse jackfruit and place in mixing bowl
- Add spices and mix
- Place onions, carrots, and vegetable broth in to large nonstick skillet and sauté over medium-high heat for about 3-4 minutes or until onions are translucent and carrots are slightly softened.
- Add jackfruit and bbq sauce to onion/carrot mixture and stir well and continue to cook on medium heat.
- As jackfruit cooks down, mash the jackfruit with a potato masher or two forks, to create a pulled pork like texture and cook to desired “pulled pork” texture.
- Serve on your favorite toasted bun topped with coleslaw.
- Chew on Vegan 🥕
Check out my etsy store