23 Apr Loaded Potato Skins
This Loaded Potato Skins recipe is by forks over knives with a Chew on Vegan twist.
Loaded Potato Skins – Vegan StyleCourse: Snacks, Recipes, AppetizersCuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free
This delicious Loaded Potato skins recipe is whole-food, plant-based, oil-free and gluten-free and also a great meal for starch solutions!
3 russet potatoes, scrubbed
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk
1 tbsp mustard
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 cup chickpeas rinsed and drained
2 tbsp shallots chopped
2 tbsp capers
3-4 sun-dried tomatoes chopped
1 green onion chopped, green and white parts
1/2 cup chopped spinach
juice of 1/2 lemon
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp of tanini
juice of 2 limes
green part of green onion chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Wash and pierce potatoes. Bake until tender and let the potatoes cool enough to handle.
- Once the potatoes have cooled enough to handle, Cut them lengthwise and scoop out each potato leaving enough for a shell and transfer the inside of potatoes into a large mixing bowl,
- After all potatoes have been scooped out, mash inside with garlic, milk, mustard, and nutritional yeast.
- Add chickpeas and mash.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and gently mix.
- Fill the potato skins and bake for 20 to 30 minutes until golden.
- While potatoes are in the oven, in a small mixing bowl, mix together tahini, lime juice and 1/4 cup of water and set aside.
- When potatoes are done, drizzle with tahini sauce and chopped green onions and serve.
- Thank you Forks over Knives for this delicious recipe!
Check out My Recipes Page or on my youtube.com/chewonvegan
CONNECT WITH ME
* INSTAGRAM: instagram.com/chewonvegan
* TWITTER: twitter.com/chewonvegan
* FACEBOOK: facebook.com/chewonvegan
Check out my etsy store