19 Apr Apple Pancakes
Delicious Vegan Apple Pancakes! SIMPLE. EASY. QUICK. FLUFFY.
These pancakes will melt in your mouth. Fall in love with with pancakes again!
Apple Pancakes 🙂Course: Breakfast, SnacksCuisine: Vegan, Starch Solutions
These delicious apple pancakes are vegan, quick, easy and simply satisfying when you need the flavors of home. SIMPLE. EASY. QUICK. FLUFFY. These pancakes will melt in your mouth. Fall in love with with pancakes again!
2 cups gluten free oats
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
1 to 1 1/2 cups plant milk
1 flax egg
- Flax Egg
1 tbsp ground flaxseed meal
3 tbsp water
- PREP – How to make a Flax Egg (Total time 5 minutes)
- Add flaxseed meal and water to a dish and stir. Let rest for 5 minutes to thicken.
- If you don’t have any flaxseeds on hand, the same method can be used with chia seeds, or you can replace the flax egg with 3 tablespoons of applesauce.
Flaxseed Recipe and image credit: Minimalist Baker
- Apple Pancakes
- Place all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth. If you don’t have a blender, place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix until smooth.
- Heat non-stick skillet, griddle or frying pan over medium heat. No oil needed.
- Pour, scoop or spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons of batter (approx. 1/4 cup) onto skillet, griddle or frying pan. Pour slowly from the center so you get perfect, evenly sized pancakes.
- Cook until bubbles form on the top of the pancake and the edges look slightly dry, about 1 to 2 minutes. Flip carefully and cook until browned on the other side, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and serve hot. Top with your favorite maple syrup and chopped apples (I used an envy apple) and ENJOY!